Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Sidewalk Chalk and Garden Plots


Yesterday Dave was busy plotting out the new garden! After our botched community garden experiment where we didn't plan ahead and did not give things appropriate space, we're really sensitive to the importance of a little forethought for a successful garden. 


The engineer in Dave came out and he made this diagram to scale. 


Little cut out circles for each crop. 


We're planting beets, carrots, garden beans, lettuce, and snap peas from seed. We also have started plants of broccoli, eggplant, tomatoes, peppers, and herbs. 


The finished plot! Dave did a really fantastic job. We're planning to plant over the next two days. 



One of the things I'm really enjoying about being at my parents' home is the ability to read magazines, plan menus, make shopping lists, go to the store, and cook. These were pasta bakes with homemade sausage from my Italian aunts...thanks for sending them home! The sausages were delicious. We also had some of them in a chickpea, rice, and veggie dish I made last night. 


Dave's artistic interpretation of a sign I got my mom for Mother's Day, "I love you to the moon and back." Aww. 

0 comments:

Grab Our Button

The Happy Nomads Button
Powered by Blogger.